Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Scent-sational


***************************


{How can these ads not make you smile?}


***************************

I would have to say that my all-time favorite smell is a whiff of just-cut pasture grass out at my parents’ house. Or… Biolage shampoo. Or… Gain Fresh Apples laundry detergent. Okay, no; my ultimate fav is the fresh grass. It reminds me directly of everything my childhood summers entailed: sunny days outside (there was no Nintendo at our house); picking vegetables in the mornings; spraying the hose on the trampoline; picking wildflowers; playing (which ended up as mostly fighting) with my brother down by the treehouse. When I’m home in the summertime, that fresh, green scent always takes me back.

Perhaps this somewhat “rural” upbringing inspired in me my love of fresh floral fragrances when it comes to what I want to smell like. My all-time favorite perfume of the moment is IF by Apothia. I discovered it a few years ago when Standard Style used to carry the brand. To my chagrin, they have since ceased to stock the lovely scent, but I’ve had luck finding it here. It’s very light with white floral tones. Another fav also available on this site is Kai. I adore the lilac-y fresh burst of the lotion and body butter. However, my day-to-day signature scent is Clinique Happy. I know, I know; it’s kind of a “starter” perfume for most, but I’ve worn it since middle school and will still randomly get compliments on how yummy I smell (sometimes welcome flattery; sometimes I wish the creepster at the bar would back off). The sleek, minimalist design of the bottle and the bright orange-colored packaging can always make me smile. I’ve dabbled in the likes of Happy Heart and Happy in Bloom, but always seem to go back to the original. What can I say? I guess it just makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment