Tuesday, May 20, 2014

April Festivities: Catching Up (Photo Overload)

It’s FINALLY spring! The “polar vortex” is over (don’t toy with me, Mother Nature…let's keep some springy weather around and let the summatime heat waves come in late June), flowers are blooming and the grass is greening up. While my allergies are in full swing (a pharmacist told me that this is the year of the “allergy vortex”…good grief), I am opening up my windows and soaking up all this beautiful weather with a Kleenex in my pocket and a solid stock of Dayquill in my bathroom cabinet. After all that snow and ice and bone-chilling cold, I’ll sneeze on my daffodils and let my eyes water as I lounge on my front porch and inhale deep, refreshing breaths of pollen and cat hair. Spring has sprung! I couldn’t be happier about it. And with this lovely weather comes a few springy events. (Note: this was written a few days weeks ago, so....bear with me as we recap a season that's pretty much come and gone.)

Several Saturdays ago, my Daddy-o and I put on our finest and headed out to the Down Syndrome Guild Prom. This year’s theme was “Bright Lights, Big City,” and was it a night to remember! I loved seeing all the attendees come in, walk down the red carpet in their prom gear and dance the night away. This is such a fun night for all who attend, either to help out or just to have a good time, and it makes me so happy that I was in town this year and was able to join in the festivities. (See last year’s celebrations here.)
{These two cuties showed up again this year--two girls I used to coach, Katrina and Lexi.}

 
 
{With my handsome Dad}
 
 



On Easter Sunday, my parents hosted a delectable lunch and we were able to celebrate with some good ol’ fashioned family time together. (And PEEPS! I ate three packages the week after Easter. That’s a lotttt of Peeps.) Nova is almost 18 months, and is too cute for words. She is mimicking anything and everything you say, and has such a big personality. I can’t get enough of this little boo-boo!



My friend Kelli, who I used to work with at school, got married at the end of April. Her wedding was beautiful and she was a stunning bride. It was such a fun, springy night (and the dress I ordered the week of showed up the day before, so there ya go). Congrats, Chris and Kelli!
{Guy friends are great when you need a date.}

{With the beautiful bride! (And Josh, photobombing.)}

{Coral is the color!}
And finally, althought this was in May, my gorgeous and sweet cousin Caitlin graduated from high school last weekend. We made the trek up to Nebraska to wish her congratulations. It's hard to believe she is already old enough to be heading off to college. (I mean, I used to change the girl's diapers, and now, she's 18?! Craziness!!)

{My Aunt Chel, Caitlin, my mom and me...just four blondes, hanging out}

And now! It's the end of May and we're heading into the official Summer Season. This weekend, I have a birthday to celebrate and some pool days to squeeze in. Happy Summer, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment