Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Celebrations, Labor Day Style

Hello! Happy officially-end-of-summer. I’m ready for fall…I’m ready for cool, crisp weather; I’m ready for jeans and scarves and riding boots; I’m ready for pumpkins and bittersweet wreathes; I’m READY for some new happenings. Ya know? New season, new start. (Oh, I’ll just be honest and cut to the chase—I’m ready for a JOB!)

Anywho, my holiday weekend celebrating the end of pool season was slam-packed with birthday celebrations for my besties. Brooke celebrated her last year of her twenties on Thursday night. (She was always the baby of our grade at school.) This was her golden birthday—she turned 29 on August 29!

{This one happened first...I think it's a pretty accurate representation of our many years of friendship. Lots of laughs, lots of...primping...}

{With Brooke and Erica. Loved these girls since elementary and high school!}
On Friday, it was a doubly-big day. First game for the Kitty Cats (and we aren’t going to speak of it…wow. North Dakota State? Really? I spent the entire second half of the game sobbing, “I miss Collin Klein” to anyone who would listen) AND a SURPRISE birthday for my best pal Megan. She turned the big 3-0 and wanted really nothing to do with it…but her friend Jamie and boyfriend Bryan concocted a plan to get her to Maloney’s to “watch the game.” Her reaction was priceless! She was shocked, truly had no idea, and I think she cried a little bit. (Megs is a crier.) We had a fabulous time celebrating her (her sister brought an album entitled “30 Years of Megan,” and it was such a sweet, fun gift) and then of course, watching the Cats embarrass themselves. (North. Dakota. State. D2 school?!? COME ON!)
{It's kinda blurry, but look at her face--so surprised!}



{I think she's crying in this one.}

{With her sister, Carrie}

{I may or may not have submitted some college photos of Megan for her album. This was the infamous "Laundry Night," one of my most favorite memories from K-State and with Megs. It's a story for another day.}

{Happy Birthday to my Soulmate!}
Saturday and Sunday provided more time with friends and many more cocktails to consume. (I need a job so I quit thinking I can booze like I’m in college.) Overall, a fantastic holiday weekend.  Now, if anyone is in need or is looking for someone who has seven years of teaching experience (but has A LOT of transferable skills) to do something other than teach, hit me up, won’t you? This girl is ready to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment