Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It’s Going To Be A Rough Tuesday

{Beads on Bourbon}
Today is Fat Tuesday. If I was still in college, I’m sure I’d make the executive decision that today is a holiday and I shouldn’t go to class. (Back then, I pretty much made a lot of days "holidays.") I’d probably round up a few friends and head to the ‘Ville to celebrate debauchery (isn’t that what Fat Tuesday is all about?) with some day drinking. Sigh. I miss college sometimes. Instead, I’m here at school, gearing  up for my day. And I have a feeling it’s going to be a long one. Reason number one? Read on.
 
So. I watched The Biggest Loser last night. Oh wait, no I didn’t. I watched the KU/K-State game. Ha! Poor Wildcats. Those Jayhawks had something to prove. It’s a bummer it had to be against us. After halftime, I gave up and switched to a rerun of The Office. That’s how bad it was. And today, I’m sure I’m going to hear all about it from my students and KU friends. Blah.
 
The other reason today is rough? It’s parent-teacher conferences week. Ugh. Long days today and Thursday. Yep, that’s right—I’ll be spending my Valentine’s Day talking to parents about their students. How much fun does that sound? At least we have Friday AND Monday off. Four day weekend? I’ll take it!
 
Hope everyone has a fab Fat Tuesday. Drink a cocktail and eat a cruller for me!

1 comment: