Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Gaga, Ooh La La

I made it through my first long day this week. Hooray! As I continue to slug through the workload this week, I have to recap my fun last week—last Sunday, my bestie-best friend from college came up from Wichita. Why, you may ask? Oh, for the LADY GAGA CONCERT! And boy, did we had a ball (a “Born This Way Ball,” if you will)!
 
First of all, I have to say, I was never a huge Gaga fan. I thought her music was just okay; it was fun to dance to, but she was a total weirdo. Didn’t get it. However, two summers ago, Christina (my afore-mentioned bestie) called me up and asked if I wanted to go to the Gaga concert with her, her sister and a friend. And it was
AH-MAZING! She totally puts on a show. It was literally like we went to the theatre—there was rockin’ music, outrageous costume changes, ridiculous choreography and little vignettes in between.  I totally bought into the whole “little monsters” business. And I loved her message. Gaga is all about being who you are. Embrace it, be proud of it, and don’t let others change you. Sounds kinda cheesy as I write it, but when you're there to experience it, it's powerful.
 
Fast forward to Monday, last week. Christina and I made an event of it this time (yep, I took two whole days off from work. Blissful!). We did manis and pedis, went shopping for fun new makeup at Mac, picked out new rock-n-roll outfits at BCBG, then packed it all up and headed downtown to stay at the Ambassador. Her sisters, mom and a friend met us at the hotel, and we all got ready to hit the town. And the show this time was just as awesome as we had hoped. It was new music, new costumes, and a whole new theatrical performance. I’ll spare you all of the details, but watch the “Born This Way” music video. That will clarify a few things. And yes, she did have a huge inflatable set of legs and “belly” (that’s my word choice, by the way…feel free to interpret) and she opened the show by “giving birth” to her "little monsters" (AKA, the fans). Yep. And, (one of my favs) she had an entire set and costume devoted to her infamous meat dress from a few years ago. Oh, and there was a unicorn. And a motorcycle. And plenty of drag queens, dressed like her. Like I said, she did not disappoint!
 
After the show, we headed out on the town (on a Monday night…why not?) and danced until 2am. I had so much fun with these girls! Can’t think of a better way to use two personal days from work. Love you all!
 
P.S. All the pics were taken by Christina’s oh-so-talented sister, Savannah. Thanks for sending them my way, Vannah! I, of course, forgot to take pics pretty much the entire night. Get ready to scroll—I had to narrow the visual support down to 12(!). Oh, and I left off the pic of the “birth” scene…I figured my grandma probably didn’t need to see that.
 
{With Christina, before we went out. This was the only pic I took, of course.
You can't even see our outfits. I had a fur vest, with INTENSE shoulders. I loved it. So Gaga.}

 
{Latex dress, cape and pink hair. Of course.}
 
{You can kind of see the giant leg, behind her...use your imagination for the rest!
I love this pic though, because you can see all of the "paws up."}


{Costume change}



{Another costume change. And she has a zillion of those keyboard thingys.}


{The set was HUGE. Not sure how the castle played into the whole unicorn/alien/meat theme, but it was amazing.}

{Meat dress!}


{At the end of the night. I kind of look like a drag queen, but hey-when in Rome...}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment