Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Flare for Fashion

As the colder weather rapidly approaches, I've been seriously searching for a pair of super-duper flared denim. Bell-bottoms seem to have come back into style (yet again), and I must say I am quite enthusiastic about their return. While I have embraced the skinny styles (and yes, I even gave into a few pairs of jeggings, if you can believe it), I have always felt that the bootcut or flared styles are more flattering on my figure. I’m thinking I need to procure a pair of super dark, super flared jeans with a wide hem at the bottom that would ideally hit the floor, even with a tall heel or wedge. That’s the trickiest part in finding fashionable denim for me—the length. While most styles are an adequate length for ballet flats or flip flops, I have had a tough time finding a pair that are suitable for a higher heel. I’m digging the Supermodel cut from Hudson with the 36” inseam (wowzers!), but I’m not sure if they are flared enough to achieve the retro-inspired look I’m going for. 7 For All Mankind offers a fab flared pair in the Jiselle style, also with a 36” inseam, but I've been fooled by 7's promises of length before. J. Crew also offers a bell-bottomed look with their Classic Flare in jezebel wash. Their “tall” length offers a looooong 37” inseam. With their price tag looking a little more affordable than the other two, these just might be the winner!

***************************

{Hudson Supermodel}

{7 For All Mankind Jiselle}

{J.Crew Classic Flare}

No comments:

Post a Comment