Monday, September 5, 2011

Sassy Stripes

Happy Labor Day! As summer officially comes to an end for this year, I have been soaking up sunshine and cooler temperatures this weekend. And how happy I am to welcome autumn! Fall has always been one of my favorite times of the year—the weather cools off, the leaves turn beautiful shades of gold and red, and I get to head back to school. Back to school has always been an exciting time of the year for me. While summers are relaxing and low-key, I truly do appreciate a bit of structure for my days. Back when I was in school, it meant new supplies (yay for markers, colored pencils and brightly colored binders), new clothes (always a treat), and seeing forgotten classmates in the hallways. Now that I’m teaching school, it means new supplies (I still get excited about new Expo markers and brightly colored grading pens—these are my ultimate fav!), new clothes (still working this concept), and seeing my colleagues in the hallways. While picking out Post-it notes and paperclips does still get me excited, the new wardrobe additions are my most desired purchases. Since our school dresscode for teachers is somewhat undefined (look "professional" is the only guidance provided), I try to dress in ensembles that set me apart from the students but aren’t too business-y. I like to wear classic, tailored pieces with a touch of modern trends. One look I’m loving (and I've already incorporated into my back-to-school shopping trips) is nautical-inspired striped tops, especially with three-quarter sleeves. While stripes were all over the place this summer, these tees can totally transition into the autumn season. This look can be dressed up with a pencil skirt or fitted trousers and heels, or worn more casually with a pair of flared jeans and wedges. And when the wind turns a bit chillier, adding a layer, such as a blazer or oversized cardigan, will keep me warm. Stripes will definitely have a prominent spot in my upcoming fall (and winter…and spring) wardrobe.
**************************

{Banana Republic Slubby Striped Rollup Tee}

{Express Striped Rolled-Cuff Pocket Tee--not gonna lie, I already snapped this up in grey.}

{J.Crew Stripe Boatneck Painter Tee}

{Splendid French Stripe Active Tee}


No comments:

Post a Comment