Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Girl Misses Man (Who Shops Globe)

{A few looks from Anthro's fall campaign. Loving the prints!}


{Fall flats}
***************************
Not too long ago, my cable supplier decided to reorganize their networks and moved many channels around. Not only has this confused me on several occasions (what’s the channel for Bravo again??), but I found myself completely infuriated when I searched and searched (with no avail) for the Sundance Channel. I’ll be honest; I had actually kind of forgotten about this independent channel for a while, and its absence on my cable box had gone unnoticed. However, I ducked into Anthropologie the other day to pick up something cheery and bright for my kitchen (their whimsical tea towels and colorful mugs always make my day a little bit better), and as I shopped around, I recalled a delightful show I used to watch called Man Shops Globe on the Sundance Channel.

In a nutshell, Anthropologie buyer Keith Johnson has “the greatest job in the world” (so he claims—and I completely agree!) as he travels to countries all over the globe and hand picks décor for Anthropologie stores. Sometimes he commissions artists to create multiple pieces for the store to sell; at times, he finds one-of-a-kind antiques or home furnishings to add to displays and create ambiance in the stores. Each episode would find Keith in a different area of the world, finding truly unique and inspiring pieces at flea markets, craft stalls and showrooms. My reminiscence of this entertaining and fascinating show led me to attempt to find it online, since it appears Sundance is no longer in my cable line-up at all. (Frown.) Alas, when I found the website, it appeared there are no scheduled showings anytime soon. (Double frown.) I suppose for now, I can catch up on past episodes and cross my fingers that this enchanting show returns soon!

**************************
{Keith in action; Season 2}






1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having my blog's link on your page! What a cute blog you have. I will definitely be back to visit. Would love for you to become a fan of my blog on facebook :)

    xoxo,
    CK

    www.empirestilettos.com

    ReplyDelete