Friday, January 31, 2014

Weekend/Week Recap Randomness

Friday is here; hip, hip, hooray! I had a random (last) weekend and week…which really isn’t a bad thing. Random is better than horrible, so I’m all about random. And so, to top it all off, I figured I would post a random collection of thoughts for ya. Starting with…
{Oh! Canada!}
I am heading to Ontario, Canada tomorrow. After narrowly avoiding ringing in the new year with total strangers up north, I finally got another trip on the Schedule. I am excited for this trip for several reasons. One: it’s a TRIP. I haven’t been anywhere for FIVE weeks. I am going stir crazy in the office, and while I’m always glad to have any hours they can give us in-house, I am sooooo ready to hit the road again. Two: I have never been to Canada, so I’m kind of excited to get another stamp in my passport. Of course at work, I’m all like, “oh, Canada; yeahhhh, no biggie.” And in my head I’m like, my phone won’t work. I can’t Google-map everywhere like I usually do. (Yeah…even in KC. I’m geographically challenged.) I don’t know how to convert kilometers into miles. I am going to get SO lost. Do they have Panera in Canada? What do I say when I go through customs? (I’ve heard that sometimes, Canadians do not care for Americans coming in to “steal business,” and I have been instructed, when asked why I am crossing the border, to “not say too much, but if you say too little, you’ll probably get pulled in for questioning, too.” Awesome.) Do I need Canadian money? I need new Uggs because it is super snowy and icy and my flats are just not gonna cut it. Ditto on a new scarf and new mittens. Moral of this story? I’m sure I’ll have something funny to report back next week. Be kind, Canada. I’ve always liked your sparkling water (Clearly Canadian, anybody??) and you gave us Ryan Gosling, so let’s stay on good terms, eh?
 
Last weekend, a few pals and I completed a Westport mini-pubcrawl and I managed to take a few (totally random, of course) pics.
{Bloody Marys at Beer Kitchen? Yes, please.}

{No idea what we were laughing at. Probably something really dumb.}


 
Ignore the KU hat; it was a bet and although it is terribly ugly, I must say, it was warm.
 
Also, this happened when I thought I could take reservations at Port Fonda. The actual hostess was not impressed. I believe the evening ended quite soon after this.
 
Let’s see, what other tidbits of randomness this week? We had a fun girls’ night on Tuesday, where Kelly and I managed to spend over $30 on olives, cheese and candy at HenHouse, Sarah  cooked us up a fab meal, and then we all saw a fantastic-slash-pretty depressing movie. Meryl Streep should def win the Oscar, because she was fabulously manic and out of control as a cancer-ridden drug-addict matriarch of a pretty nuts-o family. (August:Osage County. Check it out.)
 

I went to Pilates Mat class on Thursday night and wanted to die.
I went to Happy Hour with my coworkers on Thursday night and had a ball. It’s embarrassing how quickly I can be talked out of working out.


Rascal caught yet another mouse in the garage and tried to bring it in the kitchen to proudly show it off. (I caught him before he dragged it in this time, thank GOODNESS.) In other wild animal news, I'm pretty sure there is a stray cat living under my house. The foundation is cracked in the back and last spring, when I was attempting to de-straggle my poor yard by raking leaves and such, I saw a kitty run under the house into what I assume is part of the crawlspace. And now, every so often, I'll hear a scritchy-scratchy noise that sounds like it's coming from under the floorboards. While it totally creeps me out that something is crawling around down there, let's all keep our fingers crossed it's a cat and not a racoon. Or a possum. Or a skunk. (Also, thank goodness I'm renting.)
 
I’ve been listening to Bastille radio on Pandora at work and I’ve fallen in love. So, dear Bastille, please come to Kansas City. I neeeeed to see you guys in concert!
 
I watched a solid four hours of Bravo programming on Wednesday evening and while Real Housewives of BH, Vanderpump Rules and 100 Days of Summer didn’t really move me, Shahs of Sunset was surprisingly insightful. (I know, I know…my taste in TV is terrible.) Also, the finale of American Horror Story: Coven? Horribly underwhelming. I don't know if I've been desensitized or what, but since when does FX do happy, feel-good endings? I was prepared for something totally awful and creepy, and I was let down.
 
I’m off to go pack my snow gear and download a few episodes of Gossip Girl (more scintillating TV, I know) for the plane tomorrow. Cheers to a great weekend and the end of January! (And let’s all keep our fingers crossed I don’t get snowed in up in Mississauga...)

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun in Canada! Stay warm, dearest!
    Love you--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's have a watch horrible tv, and wine evening sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete