Friday, January 3, 2014

Life-Catch-Up-Blog-Post-Part-Two/Three/Four/I know, I’m a Bad Blogger

Turkey Day:
My fam gave thanks with our typical festivities—my parents hosted all of my mom’s side of the family for a full day of food, drinks, laughter and lots of loud conversing (the Christensens are known for their voices that carry. They’re also notorious for mixing up names of family members of various age—Chelley, I mean Morgan, I mean Caitlin…). I may be biased, but my mom’s Turkey Day spread is the greatest meal of all time. And who doesn’t appreciate drinks before noon?? We toasted each other, gave thanks for our blessings, and took a moment to remember those who we missed. No matter how many years pass or how our family changes (we had several new faces in attendance this year), Thanksgiving remains a constant reminder of how amazing my family is and how blessed I am to have them.
 
Did I take any pics of the fam-bam? Not really. Oh, but I did make a homemade apple pie! I know, WHAT? My domestic pal Kelly gets all the credit for that one. A few pics to prove the homemade goodness:
 
Novy’s Birthday:
Speaking of very important family members, someone celebrated an inaugural birthday over Thanksgiving weekend. Miss Nova turned the big ONE! This little turkey baby is quite the ham (see what I did there??) these days. She is walking, talking, fake-coughing, singing; you name it, she’s doing it in the cutest little way. I might be biased, but I do believe that she is THE cutest one year old. Ever.
{Her first taste of chocolate, on her actual birthday...it went well. Notice how she's pulling her daddy-o's hand toward her...}

{CAKE! She was ready for round two at her party...I'd say her sweet tooth has come in.}

{Too adorbs, right? Love you, sweet girl!}
And the rest…
Andddd now Christmas has already come and gone, and New Year’s, too. A winter collage of the last holidays of 2013:
{Snow for Christmas}

{So blurry, but all the Christensen cousins (minus Drew) and Grandma in the middle.}

{With my cousins, Carolyn and Caitlin}

{New Year's! I didn't end up in Canada. (If you couldn't tell.)}


{Did you know the word of 2013 was "selfie"?
Aside from weeping for our culture and humanity (at least it wasn't "YOLO"),
I figured I should jump on board. Hence, my New Year's selfie.}
 Lots of family time, lots of friend time, lots of memories made. Hey 2013, you weren’t terrible. (You weren’t super great, either.) But 2014? I think it’s gonna be good. #2014isouryear, if you will. Yep, I hashtagged like it’s a word. I'm making my own rules in 2014. Cheers, friends! May the new year bring you many blessings and lots of love. XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment