Monday, July 8, 2013

Summertime Shows, Part 2

Hello! Hope everyone had a fun 4th of July last week. While I didn’t make it to the lake this year, we hit the pool pretty hard. Always a good time! And did I take plenty of pics? You know, to document all the fun and festivities?

Nooooope.

So, instead of showing off bbqs, food, fireworks and pooltime, here is the second installment of my summer-love concert series.
We hit Grinders in the Crossroads district and while I wasn’t crazy about the headliner, Reverend Horton Heat (??),  the band who opened for those guys was such a bonus. Ha Ha Tonka (weird name, great sound!) were part rock, part hipster-twang, and overall, AMAZEBALLS. They’re somewhat local (one of the guys is from  Missouri), and they were def my fav part of the show.

Sidenote-Grinders is the COOLEST place to catch a concert. Great venue, not too big, plenty of beer and of course, Grinders pizza late night? Perf.



{Ha Ha Tonka, my new music love. And yes, we bought a CD.}

 
Finally, a group of pals and I headed out to Starlight to see Imagine Dragons. This is probably the best show I’ve seen this summer (so far). We missed Churchill, who opened for them (sadness…I really wanted to see them, but the pool cocktails were flowing, so…we arrived a little late), but we did catch Capital Cities. They were great, but Imagine Dragons kicked it. It was such a fun show, and Starlight is a great venue to catch a concert—no bad seats and the sound is awesome!
{Capital Cities, Safe and Sound}

{My pal Josh, "owning the crowd."}


{Fountain pics? Yes, please}

{Main attraction-Imagine Dragons}

{And Radioactive closes the show. AMAZING NIGHT!}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment