Friday, January 18, 2013

It's Friday, Friday...

...Gotta get down on Friday. Anyone? No? I know. That song is awful. But, it IS Friday! Best day of the week. In the spirit of keeping both my “changes” for 2013, I thought I would write about what is making me happy today. (If you know me, or have been reading along, I think you know how much I like to make lists.) Okay, here we go.

It’s not only Friday, but I have a three day weekend! Hip, hip, hooray for getting Monday off. Pretty pumped to have a four day week next week.

I hit ALL green lights today on the way to work. Small victories, people. And today was a great day for the traffic stars to align, because I was running kind of late. So all those green lights made me feel a little less stressed.
 
I had dinner last night with my two best friends from high school. It was so much fun to see them and catch up with each other. We met at BRGR in Prairie Village and had a three and a half hour dinner—there was a LOT to talk about. Erica is eight months pregnant and due March 1 (!). Brooke is engaged and living in a new city. And me? Well, I’m blogging again, I guess. Ha! As we sat there, over fried pickles and juicy burgers and more fried things  and a few glasses of wine (just Brooke and me, of course), I realized how lucky I am to have such good girlfriends I can come back to after any amount of time has passed and we can talk and laugh like we’re still in high school. We talked about the past, laughed about how old we now are (quote of the night: “we’ve crossed over, guys”) and caught up on the real, “messy” things in life. It was such a lovely night.

{Check out that spread. Best taste of the night? Truffled tater tots. Oh man.}
 

 
{I went with the Jucy Lucy. It was gooooood.}

And, the last thing that makes me happy today? I got to stop at the bookstore last night and picked out a few new reads. So excited for a long weekend, no big plans and some “chill-out” time. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Truffled tater tots?! Yum! What a lovely way to spend a January evening with friends and decadent food! Good to see you writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are more stunning than ever, tall drink of water! thank you for a wonderful evening! we will have to do it again soon! maybe a salad for me next time! :)
    XOXO B

    ReplyDelete