Tuesday, November 1, 2011

In Memory of Lucy

A couple of weeks ago, my family had to make the decision to put our dear kitty Lucy to sleep. She was about 20 years old; her vision and hearing had started to fail and her diet consisted exclusively of the oh-so-easy to digest Cheez Whiz. Lucy was particularly special to me, since I had picked her out as a tiny calico kitten back in third grade, and it made me quite sad to have to let her go. But, I know the decision was for the best, and that she’s in a better place now. Here are a few memories of our beloved Lucy-Lou (as I liked to call her).
***************************

{Lucy with Elvis, one of her kittens we kept around for a while, and Moosey, another of our kitties who has passed on to Kitty Heaven, 1995}


{In one of her favorite spots, snuggled up on a pillow on the back of the couch, 2005}


No comments:

Post a Comment